A TRIP TO THE HEART OF THE ANDES
6.585 m -21,604 ft
The Tupungato volcano climb gather all the conditions of a high mountain expedition of the central Andes: far away, cold, windy and with extreme altitude nights, but all of this only manages to further enhance this giant, making it an icon for reach.
Nestled in the heart of the central Andes, only its approach constitutes a great trip up to base camp, a place from where you can see the magnificence of mountains that surround this huge and silent extinct volcano.
After reaching the base camp, the ascent begins through trails that lead to the different high-altitude camps, sometimes full of snow, which give the ascent a unique scenic setting.
The summit day goes through slopes that progressively gain height, until reaching the ridge that leads to the highest point of this giant that dominates —with the exception of Aconcagua— of all the mountains that surround it.
- SANTIAGO – AGUAS BUENAS
- aguas buenas – vegas del flojo camp. (10,170 ft).
- Vegas del flojo – Penitentes CAMP. (14,501 ft)
- Penitentes CAMP – CAMP. 1 (16,896 ft) – Penitentes CAMP
- Penitentes CAMP – camp. 1
- camp. 1 – camp 2 (18,864 ft).
- Camp. 2 – cumbre – camp. 2
- Campo 2 – Penitentes CAMP
- Penitentes CAMP – aguas buenas CAMP
- aguas buenas – chacayar – SANTIAGO
*PROGRAMS CAN BE ADAPTED TO THE NEEDS OF THE DIFFERENT GOUPS.
A GIANT IN SANTIAGO
IN THE HEART OF LOS ANDES
Next climbing dates:
Climbing program does include:
- Guide and logistics
- First aid kit.
- VHF radio and satellite phone.
- Carry of equipment with mules from Chacayar to base camp (Perdices or Penitentes), according to climbing program.
- 4 season tent for 2 people.
- Food for the entire trip in the mountain (optional).
Not included in climbing program:
- Flights to Santiago.
- Pick-up/drop-offs in Santiago.
- Individual equipment.
- Hotel, food and transport in Santiago.
- Extra carry days with mules.
- Life or accident insurance. Should any incidents occur, the customer will immediately be transported to the nearest hospital; the cost of which will be entirely carried by the customer.
- If additional services are required, ask for options.
Price per person:
- 2 people: $.- USD (aprox).
- 3 people: $.- USD (aprox)
- 4 people: $.- USD (aprox)
- 5 people: $.- USD (aprox)
The total will be applied to the dollar value of the current day.
Ask for private trips.
- 50% of the total must be paid 45 days before, and the other 50% two weeks before the start of the expedition.
- During this time (45 days), should one participant have to cancel, 50% of the total paid will be reimbursed. Only if new person should join the group will 100% of the money be reimbursed.
- 15 days before and no show for the trip (airport, mountain, others) no reimbursements will be made.
- The prices do not include taxes or fees caused by international deposits, these must be added to the total. This also applies to reimbursements made to foreign accounts.
- PayPal payments: 5,5% commission is charged to the total amount.
- It is the responsibility of each customer to have the appropriate personal equipment and clothing. Should this not be the case, the customer is risking his- and the group’s health and well-being, which may result in not being allowed to join the climbs.
- Andescontact does not make itself responsible for theft or loss of equipment (cameras, mountaineering equipment, etc.,), clothing, bags or suitcases, etc., during the trip in towns or in the mountains, nor on the flights.
- This is a high-intensity sports activity (non-tourist), so it is the responsibility of each participant to have a health and physical condition compatible with mountain activity. Medical certificates may be required if necessary.
- In case of returning early during the course of the trip from any of the camps, the ascent will be suspended. Only in case of having available guides will the trip be maintained and a daily charge of USD 200 will be applied for transfer to the city, depending on mules availability (must me paid separately).
- The use of mules and horses not included in the program must be paid separately.