6.376 m - 22,918 ft
The Parinacota volcanoe owes its name to the parinas (Andean flamingos). It is the region´s highest mountain and lies just north of the lake Chungará. It forms part of the Nevados de Payachatas mountain chain within the national park Lauca, a biosphere reserve.
It is probably the most climbed mountain in the area owing to its height and its climb of low technical difficulty. The imposing Pomerape, another giant of over 6000 metres is its immediate neighbour. Both form the border with Bolivia and from their summits , the unique vast altiplanic landscapes can be observed.
The area through which we will pass is known for its great cultural and archaeological heritage.
The area boasts a wide variety of native fauna including vicuñas, guayas, flamingos, and vizcachas.
- SANTIAGO – ARICA AIRPORT – PUTRE (3.450 M).
- PUTRE – TERMAS – PARINACOTA (HOSTAL – 4.450 M).
- HOSTAL – GUANE GUANE (5.200 M) – HOSTAL.
- HOSTAL – CAMP. BASE (5.150 M).
- CAMP. BASE – PORTEO CAMP. ALTO (5.450 M) – CAMP. BASE.
- CAMP. BASE – CAMP. ALTO.
- CAMP. ALTO – CUMBRE – CAMP. BASE.
- CAMP. BASE – RETORNO A ARICA
- ARICA – TRASLADO A AEROPUERTO.
*PROGRAMA FLEXIBLE, PUEDE ADAPTARSE A LAS NECESIDADES DE LOS DIFERENTES GRUPOS.
THE SYMBOL OF THE ALTIPLANO
Next climbing dates:
Climbing program does include:
- 4×4 transport* in the mountain and in Arica.
- 1-2 guides and logistics. From 5 people, a cook will join the team.
- First aid kit.
- VHF radio and satellite phone.
- Group cooking equipment (stove, gas and equipment).
- Hotel or hostal (breakfast & dinner) at Putre for 1 night on double shared room.
- Hostal (breakfast and dinner) at Parinacota for 2 nights on shared room.
- 4 season tent for 2 people.
- Food for the entire trip in the mountains as stated in the programme.
- 1 night of hotel in double rooms in Arica.*
- Pick-up and drop-off at airport in Arica.
- * : Additional days are excluded, these must be paid apart.
Not included in climbing program:
- Flights Arica-Copiapó-Santiago.
- Pick-up/drop-offs in Santiago.
- Individual equipment.
- Hotel, food and transport in Santiago and meals in Arica or Putre.
- Life or accident insurance. Should any incidents occur, the customer will immediately be transported to the hospital in Arica, the cost of which will be entirely carried by the customer.
- If additional services are required, ask for options.
Price per person:
- 2 people: $1.550.000 (aprox. USD 1.920).
- 3 people: $1.450.000 (aprox. USD 1.790).
- 4 – 5 people: $1.350.000 (aprox. USD 1.660).
The total will be applied to the dollar value of the current day.
Ask for private trips.
- 50% of the total must be paid 45 days before, and the other 50% two weeks before the start of the expedition.
- During this time (45 days), should one participant have to cancel, 50% of the total paid will be reimbursed. Only if new person should join the group will 100% of the money be reimbursed.
- No reimbursements will be mades a week before the start of the expedition.
- The prices do not include taxes or fees caused by international deposits, these must be added to the total. This also applies to reimbursements made to foreign accounts.
- It is the responsibility of each customer to have the appropriate personal equipment and clothing. Should this not be the case, the customer is risking his- and the group’s health and well-being, which may result in not being allowed to join the climbs.
- Andescontact does not make itself responsible for theft or loss of equipment (cameras, mountaineering equipment, etc.,), clothing, bags or suitcases, etc., during the trip in towns or in the mountains, nor on the flights.
- This is a high-intensity sports activity (non-tourist), so it is the responsibility of each participant to have a health and physical condition compatible with mountain activity. Medical certificates may be required if necessary.
- In case of returning early during the course of the trip from any of the camps (except for health reasons or force majeure problems), a charge of 250 USD will be applied for transfer to Arica and 300 USD to the airport, extra to the total amount.