A BEATIFUL MOUNTAN NEAR SANTIAGO
5.425 m - 17,880 ft
Cerro El Plomo
There are many beautiful glaciers that surround the city of Santiago, but none can be distinguished as clearly as the one of Cerro El Plomo.
This colossus, which reaches an altitude of 5,425 mts – 17, 880 ft, stands at the top of the Farellones area, well known for its ski resorts. It is from the highest part of one of those centers (La Parva or Valle Nevado), where the path that leads the mountaineers to the foot of this hill and glacier begins.
It is a first approach to the high peaks and has all the conditions of a high altitude peak: big, cold and windy, but undoubtedly beautiful.
El Plomo has many climbing routes, which can be covered depending on the level of experience and knowledge of the climber.
Join us in this amazing trip!
- SANTIAGO – CAMP. FEDERATION (4,100 M – 13,450 ft).
- CAMP. FEDERATION. FEDERATION – SUMMIT – CAMP. FEDERATION.
- CAMP. FEDERATION – LA PARVA – RETURN TO SANTIAGO.
*FLEXIBLE PROGRAM, CAN BE ADAPTED TO THE NEEDS OF DIFFERENT GROUPS.
A GIANT IN SANTIAGO
- Private transport to the mountain, guide and logistics.
- First aid kit.
- VHF radio and satellite phone.
- Carry (equipment, food, etc.), with mules on day 1 and 3 (rider + horse + 2 mules per trip). 4 season tent for 2 people.
- Food for the entire trip in the mountain (optional).
- Climbing gear (helmet, ropes, ice axe, harness, etc.).
- Flights to Santiago.
- Pick-up/drop-offs in Santiago.
- Individual equipment.
- Hotel, food and transport in Santiago.
- Life or accident insurance. Should any incidents occur, the customer will immediately be transported to the nearest hospital; the cost of which will be entirely carried by the customer.
- If additional services are required, ask for options.
Price per person:
- 2 people: $590.000 (aprox.: USD 700).
- 3-4 people: $390.000 (aprox.: USD 460).
- 5-6 people: $350.000 (aprox.: USD 420).
The total will be applied to the dollar value of the current day.
- 50% of the total must be paid 45 days before, and the other 50% two weeks before the start of the expedition.
- During this time (45 days), should one participant have to cancel, 50% of the total paid will be reimbursed. Only if new person should join the group will 100% of the money be reimbursed.
- 15 days before and no show for the trip (airport, mountain, others) no reimbursements will be made.
- The prices do not include taxes or fees caused by international deposits, these must be added to the total. This also applies to reimbursements made to foreign accounts.
- PayPal payments: 5,5% commission is charged to the total amount.
- It is the responsibility of each customer to have the appropriate personal equipment and clothing. Should this not be the case, the customer is risking his- and the group’s health and well-being, which may result in not being allowed to join the climbs.
- Andescontact does not make itself responsible for theft or loss of equipment (cameras, mountaineering equipment, etc.,), clothing, bags or suitcases, etc., during the trip in towns or in the mountains, nor on the flights.
- This is a high-intensity sports activity (non-tourist), so it is the responsibility of each participant to have a health and physical condition compatible with mountain activity. Medical certificates may be required if necessary.
- In case of returning early during the course of the trip from any of the camps, the ascent will be suspended. Only in case of having available guides will the trip be maintained and a daily charge of USD 200 will be applied for transfer to the city, depending on mules availability (must me paid separately).
- The use of mules and horses not included in the program must be paid separately.