the world's southernmost 6000 metre mountain.
MARMOLEJO 6.108 m - 20,039 ft
The Nevado Marmolejo is the world’s southernmost 6,000 metre mountain and located at the Chilean-Argentinian border just southeast of Santiago. and rises 6,108 meters, which is the last mountain in the world that exceeds the mythical barrier of six thousand meters above sea level at this latitude. Further south, none exceeds 5,999 meters.
Its ascent involves crossing long valleys that give way to steep slopes, which lead to the higher altitude camps. To reach the summit, a long, gentle sloping glacier has to be crossed followed by a faint pumice stone trail.
From the summit, the colossal extent of the central Andean mountain range can be appreciated as well as the impressive north face of the Marmolejo.
Expedition Nevado Marmolejo, climbing the southernmost of the highest mountains in the world.
- SANTIAGO – CABRERÍO – CAMP. 1 (3,350 m – 10,941 ft).
- CAMP. 1 – BASE CAMP BASE (4,330 m – 14,206 ft).
- BASE CAMP – CAMP 2 (4,950 m -16,240 ft)) – BASE CAMP
- BASE CAMP – CAMP 2
- CAMP. 2 – SUMMIT – CAMP. 2
- CAMP 2 – CABRERÍO – SANTIAGO.
THE WORLD´S MOST SOUTHERNMOST 6,000 METRE MOUNTAIN
Next climbing dates:
Climbing program does include:
- Private transport to the mountain, guide and logistics
- First aid kit.
- VHF radio and satellite phone.
- Carry (equipment, food, etc.), with mules on day 1 and 6 (rider + horse + 2 mules per trip). 4 season tent for 2 people.
- Food for the entire trip in the mountain (optional).
- Climbing gear (helmet, ropes, ice axe, harness, etc.).
Not included in climbing program:
- Flights to Santiago.
- Pick-up/drop-offs in Santiago.
- Individual equipment.
- Hotel, food and transport in Santiago.
- Life or accident insurance. Should any incidents occur, the customer will immediately be transported to the nearest hospital; the cost of which will be entirely carried by the customer.
- If additional services are required, ask for options.
Price per person:
- 2 people: $.- USD (aprox).
- 3 people: $.- USD (aprox)
- 4 people: $.- USD (aprox)
- 5 people: $.- USD (aprox)
The total will be applied to the dollar value of the current day.
Ask for private trips.
- 50% of the total must be paid 45 days before, and the other 50% two weeks before the start of the expedition.
- During this time (45 days), should one participant have to cancel, 50% of the total paid will be reimbursed. Only if new person should join the group will 100% of the money be reimbursed.
- 15 days before and no show for the trip (airport, mountain, others) no reimbursements will be made.
- The prices do not include taxes or fees caused by international deposits, these must be added to the total. This also applies to reimbursements made to foreign accounts.
- PayPal payments: 5,5% commission is charged to the total amount.
- It is the responsibility of each customer to have the appropriate personal equipment and clothing. Should this not be the case, the customer is risking his- and the group’s health and well-being, which may result in not being allowed to join the climbs.
- Andescontact does not make itself responsible for theft or loss of equipment (cameras, mountaineering equipment, etc.,), clothing, bags or suitcases, etc., during the trip in towns or in the mountains, nor on the flights.
- This is a high-intensity sports activity (non-tourist), so it is the responsibility of each participant to have a health and physical condition compatible with mountain activity. Medical certificates may be required if necessary.
- In case of returning early during the course of the trip from any of the camps, the ascent will be suspended. Only in case of having available guides will the trip be maintained and a daily charge of USD 200 will be applied for transfer to the city, depending on mules availability (must me paid separately).
- The use of mules and horses not included in the program must be paid separately.