the world's southernmost 6000 metre mountain.
MARMOLEJO 6.108 m - 20,039 ft
The Nevado Marmolejo is the world’s southernmost 6,000 metre mountain and located at the Chilean-Argentinian border just southeast of Santiago. Its 6,108 m rise above its immediate neighbour the volcano San José and the volcano Maipo.
Its ascent involves crossing long valleys that give way to steep slopes, which lead to the higher altitude camps. To reach the summit, a long, gentle sloping glacier has to be crossed followed by a faint pumice stone trail. From the summit, the colossal extent of the central Andean mountain range can be appreciated as well as the impressive north face of the Marmolejo.
Expedition Nevado Marmolejo, climbing the southernmost of the highest mountains in the world.
- SANTIAGO – CABRERÍO – CAMP. 1 (3,350 m – 10,941 ft).
- CAMP. 1 – BASE CAMP BASE (4,330 m – 14,206 ft).
- BASE CAMP – CAMP 2 (4,950 m -16,240 ft)) – BASE CAMP
- BASE CAMP – CAMP 2
- CAMP. 2 – SUMMIT – CAMP. 2
- CAMP 2 – CABRERÍO – SANTIAGO.
THE WORLD´S MOST SOUTHERNMOST 6,000 METRE MOUNTAIN
STARTING ON DECEMBER 2021
- December 8 – 12.
- January 18 – 23 2022.
- Available quotas.
- Transport to the mountain.
- 2 guides and logistics. From 5 people, a cook will join the team.
- First aid kit.
- VHF radio and satellite phone.
- Group cooking equipment (stove, gas and equipment).
- 4 season tent for 2 people.
- Food for the entire trip in the mountains as stated in the program.
- Additional days are excluded, these must be paid apart.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flights to Santiago.
- Pick-up/drop-offs at airport.
- Individual equipment.
- Hotel, food and transport in Santiago*.
- Life or accident insurance. Should any incidents occur, the customer will immediately be transported to the hospital in Santiago, the cost of which will be entirely carried by the customer.